Blackey Deathproof

Blackey Deathproof
Click Here for Official Website!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

The very \m/etal domestication of Blackey "Crocker" DeathProof

This evening was fun! Challenging, but fun.
My goal for the day besides some pretty cool band meetings was to make birthday cakes for our friends Anthony Ventura and Mike Kelly (The Hard Way) for this Saturday night in Atlantic City. The Event is being thrown by the lovely Lauren Fearless at The Boneyard. It is sure to be nothing other than ridiculous, with two CD releases and two birthdays! Which brings us to this evening's blog title "The very \m/etal domestication of Blackey "Crocker" DeathProof".

In the past, for kicks, I have created custom cakes for friend's birthdays made with the birthday boys favorite beer. I truely get a kick out of it because what is more metal at a birthday party at a bar (a metal bands CD release/ bass players birthday) than a cake made with beer. What is special about these two cakes is I'm going to actually try and make them attractive looking. Normally I make a delicious monstrosity and place an actual beer bottle in the middle of the cake (Note: I did say delicious). Plus by the time anyone ever gets to the cake everyones pretty hammered so having a disaster cake to eat, throw, fall on, and feed people by hand, is pretty comical and I feel is the perfect touch for a memorable evening.

I started with good friend and talented bass player from THE HARD WAY. Mike Kelly wanted a traditional vanilla "Heineken" disaster cake with chocolate frosting. For the frosting I added a shot of whiskey because I know the man prefers it to beer. This cake was a breeze and was totally devilish looking. I frosted their signature "Hard Way" skull on top. Seeing as it is his CD release and birthday party I thought this would work perfect. I also was feeling extra saucy and decided to jazz it up with some chocolate covered strawberries. Check out the band!.http://www.facebook.com/thehardwaynj#!/thehardwaynj?sk=app_2405167945 and if your in A.C. this Saturday, they put on a great show!

Anthony's cake was a little bit tricky. The man wanted a not so heavenly Angel food cake infused with Budweiser. Angel  food cake is very delicate and can be a bit of a challenge with beer....but I said" to hell with it, The Man will have his cake". Plus Angel  food cake is usually made in a bunt so this made room for my signature beer bottle in the cake. The cake was naughty to begin with and nearly exploded from the beer while in the oven. I have tamed wilder beasts so in the end it worked out. Frosting was a pain being that the cake was so lite and fluffy. I ended up cutting a chunk out of the cake and making a head rest for the beer. I did sexy cheetah print frosting and added a sweet little blue motorcycle to match the one he rides. Unfortunately, the finishing touches on that one will have to be made the day of, so you guys will have to wait to see the final picture on Sunday.  I have The Hard Way cake pictures up on facebook because I'm a little behind with the times and cannot figure out how to load pix on the blog page.

xoxoxo
Blackey DeathProof

No comments:

Post a Comment