Blackey Deathproof

Blackey Deathproof
Click Here for Official Website!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

So.....In the begining, there was Blackness

Hello world,
My name is Blackey DeathProof  and I am the lead singer of the band Midnight Mob. I  came dancing out of the womb kicking and screaming. People seemed excited so naturally I figured there could be a future in it. In first grade my teacher told my parents I may have mental problems for gluing my art project to the floor. In second grade I got kicked out of ballet for being too expressive and undisciplined. In third grade I discovered, movies, video games, comic books, and Rock N Roll and life's been interesting ever since.
Weather you know me from a gig we played in some random town, if we met at an event I modeled for painted like a cheetah, if I flirted with you at a Ross the Boss concert, if I was your waitress with a horrible accent at a 50's inspired burger joint called "Long Island Cheese Burger", made you go deaf at a Danzig show for screaming like a 10 year old girl, or I did your hair and make up for a photo shoot, I have decided to start this blog to make a record of my crazy adventures and wild shenanigans that come with being in a touring rock band in 2012.
On the road cramming into that sexy van we like to call " Iron Bear", I would like to touch on the good times, like attempting to take a bath in a sink at a bar in South Carolina and having everyone walk in while in your birthday suit.
  Reminiscing on the bad times... when your drummer leaves a bottle of chocolate milk under the driver seat and you can't quiet figure out why everything reeks for days or when someone has bowl issues and we have to stop the van every 10 mins.
 Not to leave out those glorious moments when we get to play luxurious stages, in states we've never been to packed clubs of a couple hundred bodies, with people you don't know, singing words you wrote and  recall those gems of a time when we played a lounges where the septic tank gets backed up and we played standing in crap water to...well...no one!!! ( needed therapy for that one )
I would like to write of the amazing people I've met and have stayed in contact with. The people who have picked fights with us, inspired us with their music, scammed us out of money, made out with any of us, let us sleep on their couches and not calling the cops when they wake up to notes written in crayon on rolls of toilet paper saying "thank you for your hospitality and trusting us to be alone with you expensive DVD collection" (ha ha just kidding ...promise we have never stolen anything). To the people that have ran naked in the ocean with us in the middle of the night or let us play ONLY Iron Maiden in their bar till 4am, that have recorded us, mentored us, given us discounts, freebies, rides on their motorcycle, GIVEN US FOOD or A SHOWER! To the guy that gave us his favorite knife for singing a Jim Caroll song, and for the AMAZING bands that have played with us and have become part of the family. We would be nowhere without you.

I would like to have something to remember. I would also like to interact with anyone who has any questions, thoughts, comments, or words of wisdom in these maddening times, please by all means share.

With that said, goodnight, and let the games begin.

Sincerely
Blackey

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. May your adventures continue to bring you great fortune and fond memories. These are the true gifts in life. Rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention your stalkers. . . Because we exist. . . Hiding in shadowy corners, singing along when you guys perform (in our heads so you won't realize we know all the words to every song), and wishing we could fit into half the outfits that you look fantastic in! So cheers and keep rockin' it hardcore!! \m/

    ReplyDelete